The city council’s agenda for its meeting at 18:30 on Wednesday 30 November 2022 is out. The meeting will be held in person at Rye Town Hall.
The meeting will also be broadcast on Cablevision Channel 75 and Verizon Channel 39. We will also see you on the Internet (live and archived).
Residents can email comments about the public hearing to: firstname.lastname@example.org. All comments must be received by 16:00 on the day of the meeting. The subject of the email must refer to the hearing topic. Please include your name and address
The board will meet in executive session at 5:30 p.m. to discuss pending litigation, personnel matters and pending contracts.
Formal office hours of the Mayor and other officials have been suspended.
Let’s take a look at the batting order and highlights of the 17 agenda items.
- Ida Doesn’t Want Another One. Flooding Update.
- Show me the money! 2023 Proposed Budget Discussion.
- Super Rogol. Decided to name the newly erected lower pavilion at Rye Recreation after retired Rye Recreation Superintendent and 37-year City of Rye employee, Sally Rogol.
- Change is in the wind. Continue the public hearing to adopt a new local law, Chapter 122, “Landscapers and Leaf Blower Regulations”.
- Explosives. Set a public hearing for December 7, 2022 to adopt a new local law, Chapter 88 “Explosives, Gunfire and Mechanical Rock Excavation”, Repealing Chapter 98, Fire Prevention, Article VII, Explosives and Amending Sections 133-8, 133- 9 and 133-10 of the Code of the City of Rye.
- Open microphone. Residents can be heard on matters for Council consideration that do not appear on the agenda.
- Deliver judgment. Appointment of Judge Valerie A. Livingston as City Court Judge (full-time), by the Mayor with approval of the Council, for a term of ten years expiring on January 1, 2033 upon the retirement of City Court Judge Joseph Latwin on December 31, 2022.
- can you hear me now Open a public hearing to consider an application by Airosmith Development involved with AT&T to modify an existing facility located at 66 Milton Rd that does not materially change the physical dimensions of the current facility.
- A legal opinion. Resolved to approve a new custody agreement with the Corporation Counsel
- You get free parking and you get free parking! Resolved to waive parking restrictions and parking fees in all downtown and Purchase Street car parks from December 17 and until December 26, 2022.
- Date nights, 2023. Resolution designating the days and time of regular meetings of the City Council for 2023 setting January 4, 2023 as the first regular meeting.
- CONSENT AGENDA
- A league of their own. Consideration of a request by the Rye Little League to approve a parade to mark the opening day of the Little League season on Saturday, April 22, 2023, to be held at 11:00 a.m.
- branch out Consideration of a request by Christ’s Church to add a rain date of Sunday, December 4, 2022 for its annual Christmas Tree Sale from 8:00am-5:00pm (for the associated road closure). The event has already been approved for December 3, 2022.
The next regular meeting of the City Council will be held on Wednesday, 7 December 2022 at 18:30.