TV host and famous car collector Jay Leno was hospitalized Sunday after suffering burns to his face from a gas fire, TMZ and Variety report. Road & Lane could confirm that the incident took place sometime on Saturday 12 November.
According to TMZ’s sources, Leno was in his Los Angeles garage storing his large collection when a car burst into flames without warning. The report claims the fire burned the left side of the comedian’s face, but did not enter his eye or ear.
“I suffered severe burns from a gasoline fire,” Leno recounted Variety. “I’m okay. Just need a week or two to get back on my feet.”
The 72 year old Tonight Show host was scheduled to appear at a financial conference in Las Vegas Sunday night, but did not appear due to a “very serious medical emergency.” People reports.
Leno was admitted to the Grossman Burn Center in Los Angeles where he remains today, TMZ says.
This content is imported from OpenWeb. You may be able to find the same content in a different format, or you may be able to find more information on their website.