Review of the HigherDOSE PEMF GO Mat for people who want relaxation, pain relief and improved sleep. I’m sharing how I use it for all three at the same time! If you are interested in getting one of your own, check out the link here and use FITNESSISTA15. I’m also a big fan of the HigherDOSE sauna blanket and the red light face mask.
Hi friends! How are you? I hope you have a wonderful morning! I’m packing for a little upcoming trip and getting everything ready to go. Ready for some (more) California beach air!
For today’s post, I thought it was about time I did a full review for something I use every day: the infrared PEMF Go Mat. I posted about it quite a bit and many friends on IG agreed that it was worth the hype and one of the best things ever. When I first ordered the rug over a year ago, I knew I wanted something to bring my pockets of relaxation but also energy throughout the day. That’s exactly what it does for me, and today I’m sharing all the details!
Friendly reminder to check with your doctor before using any new wellness equipment to make sure it’s right for you! This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease.
PEMF technology promotes rest and digestion, which can have a calming effect on the mind.
PEMF technology was originally used by NASA to promote the health of the astronauts while in space. PEMF stands for Pulsed Electromagnetic Field Therapy, and is designed to mimic the vibrations found in nature. These vibrations interact with our organs and tissues to promote healing and relaxation. It has been scientifically proven to potentially reduce aches, pains, inflammation, improve circulation and other ailments. It has been approved by the FDA for decades and is used in animals as well as humans. You may have seen PEMF used by doctors, surgeons, physical therapists, and chiropractors. Luckily, they now have lower-cost and portable versions like this so you can get the benefits at home!
Some studies on PEMF technology:
Successful application in post-COVID fatigue related to mental well-being and energy
Effectiveness with neck pain improvement
Improved pain, stiffness and function
How PEMF may improve anxiety and depression
While it may have all these internal healing abilities, it also feels AMAAAAAZING. I feel relaxed, yet energized, present and focused when I use my mat.
When you receive your mat, you get a simple instruction guide and safety information (treat it like many other electronic devices). The setup takes less than 5 minutes. You just attach the plug to the base, plug it in and set up wherever you want.
– This particular infrared PEMF mat is the Go size (about 2/3 the size of a yoga mat), which makes it very easy to transport and move around. I can use it on the floor to meditate, or put it on my desk char for longer work sessions. They have a full size option here, which you can use if you want to practice gentle yoga on the mat or lie down and have your entire body on the surface of the mat.
– In addition to the PEMF therapy, it also includes infrared heat. It gets up to 70 degrees celsius, and you can wear whatever you want when using the mat. I find that if you want to turn up the heat, it’s better to wear more clothing as a barrier.
– Layers of healing tourmaline crystals, charcoal and clay. It helps produce negative ions that can neutralize free radicals and improve mood.
– Low EMF. I am always wary of electronic devices that emit extra radiation and was pleased to discover that this is low EMF.
– The fabric is slightly bumpy. I’ve heard you can practice yoga on the mat, but I don’t think I would because the surface has ridges.
– No sweat. When I use infrared heat, I like to SWEAT. However, I can’t walk around like a sweaty animal all day and don’t always have time to shower, so this is useful when I want the benefits without the full commitment.
How do you use it?
– Set it up where you want to use the mat. Plug it in and adjust the PEMF frequency depending on your goal. It has level 1-4, with 4 being the highest frequency.
Here are the different settings (from their website) and levels of Hz frequency:
Level 1 | 3Hz – Delta Brainwave
3 Hz is for deep relaxation and can help you fall asleep and stay asleep. When we are in a very deep sleep, our brain is typically in Delta. It can occur throughout the night, but it is usually most intense in the hour after we fall asleep. Often this is the deepest sleep we get during the night and it slows the brain down dramatically – finally giving the body a chance to catch up, facilitating healing and regeneration of tissues.
Level 1 can be used before sleep to help drift you off and keep you in this body-brain nourishing state. In the waking hours, level 1 can also be helpful if you feel anxious and want a boost back to equilibrium.
Level 2 | 7.8hz – Theta Brain Wave + Schumann Resonance
The Earth’s natural frequency, also known as the Schumann Resonance, is 7.8 Hz! When you feel disconnected or overstimulated from computer and cell phone use, or can’t get outside, use Level 2 to recharge and reconnect.
7.8hz is in the Theta brainwave, which can also be obtained during sleep. This part of our night is known as dream sleep which only makes up about one third of the total sleep time.
When our brain is in Theta, we can experience deep creative insights, enhanced learning and memory, and improved stress tolerance.
Level 3 | 10hz – Alpha Brainwave
Alpha falls right in the middle of the brainwave spectrum and is predominantly known to be present during meditation and waking relaxation. The use of Level 3 at 10hz can promote awareness and open-mindedness, as well as the physical effects reducing stress and increasing tissue regeneration.
Level 4 | 23hz – Beta brain wave
Beta brainwave is present during our waking hours when we are most alert, focused and engaged in daily life and decision making. By using level 4, Beta waves are stimulated and promote improved mental function, increased concentration and improved memory. This is especially helpful if you find yourself hitting a slump in the middle of the day, or feeling sluggish. Click on the PEMF Mat for an instant recharge!
Avoid using level 4 before bedtime, or if you feel anxious.
*The mat’s PEMF cycle is 20 minutes long with 100 minute breaks in between. This cycle is repeated 4 times before turning off completely.
– I use the level 3 setting for meditation or after intense workouts, Level 2 if I’ve been on the computer for too long, Level 4 if I have a slump during a work day, and Level 1 before bed!
– For the heat it can become very nice. I like it at a level 4.
How do you clean it?
Since I don’t get sweaty at all on this rug, I just use a soft towel to wipe away dust. It is very easy to clean.
How much does the Higher Dose PEMF Go Mat cost?
Right now it’s $599, but you can get a discount with this link and with my code FITNESSISTA15
100% worth it. This is one of the tools in my wellness kit that I really miss when I travel, and use every day. It helps me with mental focus, clarity, relaxation, and takes my meditation and devotional time to the next level.
So tell me, friends: what’s one of your favorite wellness essentials? If you could choose one, would you go with the sauna blanket or PEMF Go Mat?
HigherDOSE Infrared Sauna Blanket review
Red Light Face Mask review
Fitness Equipment That’s Worth the Hype (And That’s Overrated)