Fifteen years ago today, on National Carrot Cake Day, I started Carrots ‘N’ Cake! Here are 15 things I’ve learned in 15 years of internet business…
What started as a small blog to keep me accountable to getting in shape for my wedding day has turned into a full-fledged career, complete with a nutrition and functional testing business, team of coaches and practitioners, multiple cookbook deals, countless sponsorships , brand deals , and travel opportunities, a visit to the White House, a viral pug video, a YouTube channel, podcast, and so much more!
It was a wild ride!
15 Things I’ve Learned in 15 Years of Internet Business
1. Being real and authentic beats perfection and curation every time.
2. Burnout is a real thing, and if you don’t ask for help, your body will force you to.
3. Hard work will always outweigh talent.
4. Changing your mind is not a bad thing; it means you learn and grow.
5. There are many ‘right’ ways to run a business.
6. Energy and attitude are everything.
7. Not everyone will like you and that’s okay.
8. You can wish and manifest all you want, but action and execution is what really moves your business.
9. You must enjoy the journey
10. You will never regret working for yourself.
11. Doing the right thing (versus shortcuts) gets you further in the long run.
12. The fear of doing something is always greater than actually doing it.
13. Success often comes when you do less better.
14. A coach is the best investment you can make.
15. Failure is part of the process. What you do next is what matters most.
Thanks to everyone who has supported CNC over the years. I can’t even explain how much this means to me.
Here’s to 15 more years of adventures on (and off) the internet!